We all have our tools that we use for development and doing DevOps-ish and Cloud-ish things is no different.
Here is a list of some tools I use practically every day:
- AWS CLI - Interacting with AWS through the CLI
- Terraform - Infrastructure as code
- Helm - Kubernetes package manager
- Kubectl - Kubernetes cli client
- Kubectx - Easier kubectl context switching
- Kubens - Easier kubectl namespace switching
- JQ - JSON parser
- YQ - YAML parser
And instead of installing all these locally and managing versions on different machines I made a docker image with the tools preinstalled.
Hope it helps.